It’s almost time! The pizza has been ordered and the alto clef cookies are on their way! Patricia McCarty is ready and waiting to show you how to play, we’re going to learn about the Dalton-Primrose Connection, and see a wonderfully curated recital which pays special tribute to his legacy. We’ll end the weekend on Sunday evening listening to our special guests Patricia McCarty and Aram Arakelyan presenting a fabulous recital of lesser known but virtuosic works.
If you haven’t renewed your membership, there’s still time! You can renew your Utah Viola Society Dues here, or you can pay tomorrow. But why wait? Paying via paypal is easy! You won’t have to stand in line as long, you’ll be able to quickly check in and start hanging out with your favorite violists and still get to the masterclass on time!
We look forward to seeing you tomorrow at the University of Utah for Utah Viola Society’s Viola Day 2016!
Saturday, October 15 – University of Utah, Thompson Hall and Dumke Recital Hall
- 9:15 Registration: Viola congregation and camaraderie
- 10:00 Masterclass: Guest Artist Patricia McCarty-Dumke Recital Hall
- 12:00 Free Pizza Lunch! Hang with your viola friends-Thompson Hall
- 12:45 Instrument Demonstration: Utah Symphony Principal Violist, Brant Bayless
- 1:30 Meet Your Maker: Try out all the violas!
- 2:30 Presentation and Film: The Primrose-Dalton Connection
- 4:00 Special Concert: A David Dalton Celebration
- 7:00 Guest Artist Recital: Patricia McCarty, Viola, with Aram Arakelyan, Piano
- Entry: Free for Members of UVS, Viola Day Attendees, and University of Utah Faculty and Staff. General Public: $10 Suggestion Donation